Press releases • Jan 30, 2019 00:00 GMT
• Successive storms of rain, wind and snow in the Bekaa valley, Lebanon, have caused flooding in Syrian refugee settlements since the beginning of January. • Some drinking water is now contaminated as a result, constituting a danger to public health
Press releases • Jan 24, 2019 00:00 GMT
• Continued attacks by armed groups in northern Mali caused a new wave of 1,000 refugees to flee to Niger this December. Close to 55,000 people had already fled across the border by December 2018. • Refugees and displaced people face lack of water, just one meal per day and loss of livestock. • Action against Hunger is deploying an emergency response to help more than 20,000 people.
Press releases • Jan 06, 2019 00:00 GMT
On January 6, 2019, Storm Norma saw heavy rain and snow, high winds, and freezing temperatures hit vulnerable communities across Lebanon, with some areas badly affected by floods, erosion, and heavy snowfall.
HUNGRY FOR PEACE- ACTION AGAINST HUNGER CONDEMNS THE WEAPONISATION OF HUNGER IN CONFLICT WITH NEW CAMPAIGN TO #StopHungerCrime
Press releases • Nov 12, 2018 00:00 GMT
• 821 million people - one in nine globally - were suffering from hunger in 20171 • 60 per cent of undernourished people are living in war zones2 and conflict is one of the primary causes of rising global hunger • #StopHungerCrime seeks to improve global governance of the deadly relationship between armed conflict and hunger
INDONESIA: ACTION AGAINST HUNGER TO SET UP EMERGENCY INTERVENTION WITH A LOCAL DISASTER RESPONSE PARTNER
Press releases • Oct 01, 2018 00:00 BST
Press releases • Aug 13, 2018 00:00 BST
• Almost one in five children are already affected by acute malnutrition as harvests have already been exhausted. • Lack of pasture due to low rainfall is causing massive death of livestock. • Seasonal rains in 2017 decreased by 66% in Podor compared to the previous year
Press releases • Aug 03, 2018 00:00 BST
Press releases • Jun 05, 2018 00:00 BST
• Potential flooding in the coming weeks during the rainy season could worsen the situation of the more than 1.7 million people affected. • Action Against Hunger’s emergency water and sanitation (WASH) team has been mobilised to the Escuintla Department of Guatemala to assess the clean water, sanitation and hygiene needs of those affected by the eruption.