Press releases • Dec 12, 2019 13:35 GMT
A quarter of all civilian casualties across Yemen in 2019 were recorded in Hodeidah governorate. Despite a ceasefire in the port city being at the heart of last year’s Stockholm Agreement, there have been 799 deaths in Hodeidah since the Agreement was signed, the highest toll nationwide.
Press releases • Nov 21, 2019 09:59 GMT
Press releases • Nov 04, 2019 13:01 GMT
• The money raised can provide therapeutic nutrition to more than 8000 children facing life-threatening hunger
Press releases • Oct 31, 2019 16:18 GMT
Press releases • Jul 23, 2019 11:01 BST
Action Against Hunger hoping for record support for this year's Love Food Give Food campaign.
Press releases • Jul 15, 2019 15:46 BST
For the fourth consecutive year, global food insecurity has increased. This is according to The 2019 State of Food Security and Nutrition in the World, the UN's flagship report jointly prepared by FAO, IFAD, UNICEF, WFP and WHO.
Action Against Hunger calls on the U.N. to implement Resolution 2417 and help break the deadly link between conflict and hunger
Press releases • May 31, 2019 09:27 BST
The eight most serious hunger crises in the world are in conflict-affected countries.
Press releases • May 03, 2019 10:05 BST
Warrington Music Festival is supporting the MealTickets live music fundraising campaign for international humanitarian charity Action Against Hunger.
Press releases • May 03, 2019 07:00 BST
• Although the Autumn rains were better than those of former years, a lack of resilience to poor previous harvests, coupled with violence in the border areas of Niger-Mali-Burkina Faso, Lake Chad and Mauritania- Senegal, will exacerbate the 2019 hunger season. • One in five people needing humanitarian assistance globally live in the Sahel, yet this area receives only 12% of the world's aid.
Press releases • Apr 09, 2019 11:56 BST
Humanitarian agencies in northern and central Mali are ringing the alarm bell about their ability to respond to such a rapidly growing humanitarian crisis.
SAFE DRINKING WATER AND SANITATION ACCESS NEGLECTED BY INTERNATIONAL FUNDING DURING HUMANITARIAN CRISES
Press releases • Mar 22, 2019 06:00 GMT
Press releases • Mar 19, 2019 16:44 GMT
Press releases • Mar 12, 2019 10:36 GMT
Press releases • Feb 20, 2019 13:00 GMT
The partnership between A Certain Ratio and international humanitarian charity Action Against Hunger raised close to £3,000 in 2018 to help save the lives of malnourished children across the world.
Press releases • Feb 20, 2019 08:00 GMT
Happy Mondays are supporting an exciting new partnership between the live music industry and international humanitarian charity Action Against Hunger.
Press releases • Feb 08, 2019 12:22 GMT
• 89 percent of people return to Venezuela after buying basic goods, but at least 3,000 people enter Colombia every day with the intention to stay or continue their migration to other countries in the region. It is the fastest population movement in the region in recent decades. • There are a large number of unregistered migrants, with more than 300 informal roads being used for transit.
Press releases • Jan 30, 2019 00:00 GMT
• Successive storms of rain, wind and snow in the Bekaa valley, Lebanon, have caused flooding in Syrian refugee settlements since the beginning of January. • Some drinking water is now contaminated as a result, constituting a danger to public health
Press releases • Jan 24, 2019 00:00 GMT
• Continued attacks by armed groups in northern Mali caused a new wave of 1,000 refugees to flee to Niger this December. Close to 55,000 people had already fled across the border by December 2018. • Refugees and displaced people face lack of water, just one meal per day and loss of livestock. • Action against Hunger is deploying an emergency response to help more than 20,000 people.